One of the things I find that is most difficult in the cannabis business is educating or reeducating People of Color. There are usually 2 types of people. One that has been smoking all their life and think they know what “good weed” is. Or the person that has been taught marijuana is the devil! Either way, People of Color tend to not understand the therapeutic or holistic healing properties of cannabis. I believe it is because we have been programmed to believe that there aren’t any OTHER uses for marijuana EXCEPT to get high. The “Reefer Madness” or “War on Drugs” mentality has People of Color scared to try marijuana as a holistic treatment.
Most of the conversations I have with minorities begin with their belief system. They will disseminate their belief system as if they’re trying to get me to believe. I am a good listener but not always a great tolerante. I will listen to a person argue with themselves about how marijuana will or won’t help them. However, I won’t tolerate someone arguing with me about it. Especially as it relates to religion. I am a professional in a field that I have passion for. It’s not the best use of my time to discuss religion and medicine or medicine as it relates to religion. I am always careful to stay on the subject matter and deal with the facts.
Fact 1. I KNOW Marijuana works for various ailments because I have witnessed the results.
Fact 2. You can try Cannabis without getting high.
In the Dispensary where I work, Marijuana is being used as a treatment for ailments like high blood pressure, gout, blood clots, sciatic nerve, dementia, scabies, sickle cell, lupus, cancer, migraines and many others. Not all the treatments require a person to get high. As a matter of fact, there is a great increase of patients that are opting for forms of marijuana that will ensure them not being high. What I love about CBD is the patients can get relief for their ailments, some euphoria and very little side effects. This isn’t a conversation where I am trying to convince you that cannabis works. This is a conversation where I am saying, “hey, I work with medical marijuana patients EVERYDAY and I see Marijuana working!”
There are 3 reasons why most people won’t try marijuana as a holistic treatment;
- Don’t want to get high. ( which makes no sense since most people are getting high off of some other prescription drug anyway)
- Don’t want to smoke as a treatment and
- Don’t want anyone to know they are using marijuana as a treatment.
My answer to those 3 reasons are;
- Try CBD (CBD. Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of at least 113 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis. CBD clinical reports show the lack of side effects, particularly a lack of psychoactivity (as is typically associated with ∆9-THC). CBD can be used to relieve anxiety, kills and slows bacterial growth, reduces blood sugar levels, and acts as a inflammatory.
- Smoking isn’t the only way to use marijuana as a treatment. You can eat it, vape it or swallow it in pill form.
- If you don’t tell anyone that you are using marijuana as a treatment….. no one will know. (smdh)
Marijuana can be used as a holistic alternative for the Nervous System, Digestive System, Muscular & Skeletal System, Endocrine System & Immune Response, Circulatory System and Whole Body Relief and protection. I am not trying to say it is a miracle drug but what I am hoping is that more minorities change their minds regarding marijuana and try it as a treatment. Don’t allow our history to hold us back from experiences a better quality of life.